7.9.12

The Huntclub



The Huntclub had its gallery opening last night in a beautiful space in Toronto's Little Italy on College Street West. Beyond having a stellar name, the Huntclub is a beautifully curated show with pieces, I daresay, worth buying. I saw a beacon of light in the magic of shadow boxes and pieced together a new romance with collage.This wasn't your typical hipster gallery opening where artists decide to throw a party and then hang some of their work on the walls as an after thought. I commend HC on their dedication to producing a well rounded showcase that was both thought provoking, welcoming and fucking cool.

As I absorbed the artwork and searched for inspiration, my lovely dates for the evening got into the most interesting discussion regarding the notion of "The Hunter" and "The Hunted". Who would you rather be? 
Perhaps it's a hint of naivety and a splash of the romantic in me but I think I'd most definitely want to be the Hunted. Every now and then it's important to feel a little bit dangerous, uneasy, threatened etc. It keeps us moving, ambitious and on our toes. Perhaps the meaning of life is to outsmart the Hunter. It makes you appreciate every waking moment and take little for granted. It makes you love like it's your last chance and dream further than the eye can see. I think very few do outsmart the Hunter... but it's something worth dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment