18.9.12

lady marmalade




I was never much of a "Brunch Person." I hate waking up earlier than noon and more than often I'd  much rather start off my day with an Americano. I think chewing is for lunch and dinner. On top of it all I don't really like eggs. This leaves me two options: A sugar rush that's bound to shock my nerve system OR I can order off of the kid's menu and have the infamous grilled cheese sandwich. I enjoy maple syrup and cheese sandwiches as much as any other man but I like options. Rather than having an enjoyable meal, my brunch dates often leave me hungry and bore my taste buds.
All of this changed when I visited Lady Marmalade in Toronto's East end about a week ago. Since then I cannot stop thinking about the savory waffle I had. It was elegantly made with cheese, spinach and bacon, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and a side of greens with a miso dressing. My senses are constantly gossiping with each other and planting little pictures of my meal in my mind's eye every time I see the letter W, smell a tomato or taste anything remotely cheesy. Throw in a few good friends, bottomless coffee and a rather quaint atmosphere it is safe to say that I am a member of the "brunch people club" and I wear my badge with honour. I've been converted and so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment