22.6.12

Gardenia






Lately I've been thinking about growing up and what that term actually means to me, to my peers, to my mother, my brothers, my sister, past lovers, to Annie, to Janet & and to the King of youth and naivety: Peter. It is summer days like these that I begin to melt into my furniture and engage in such lucid thoughts. The fact of the matter is that one day I will wake up and be a flower. I can feel that I'm on the verge of blooming and there's simply no stopping it. Problem is: I'm perfectly content with the blissful ignorance of being a seed, shielded from the elements, cocooned by the soil in the Earth. So, what's a boy to do?
 I feel bashfully blunt when I say that we all share this insecurity and fear of growing up. As I gather my thoughts I've come to conclude that there isn't really anything I can do about it. One day I'll bloom, and whether I'm ready for it or not, it will be beautiful. If you're struggling with similar thoughts this week you'll find joy( maybe even a joyful tear) in Gardenia and the work of Germany's Carsten Witte.



"Mohn- A metamorphosis" by Carsten Witte
&
"Gardenia" by Jasmine Mans and Jennah Bell performing live at The Strivers Row showcase, Dean's List 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment