10.5.12

Moving Forward


I got this lovely e-mail from my professor a few days ago and I'm still smiling about it. It's rare to find people that change the way you perceive the world and I feel so fortunate to have been influenced by quite a few admirable minds in the past four years. So this is me moving forward in hopes that I will turn out to be a more exciting 20 something year old with a little help from friends, family and mentors.

" Dear Independent Studio,
During the last few weeks of class I came across these words, by Michael Ondaatje in ‘The Cat’s Table’, that made me think about you moving on from RSID -

‘There is a story, always ahead of you. Barely existing. Only gradually do you attach yourself to it and feed it. You discover the carapace that will contain and test your character. You find in this way the path of your life….’

I wish you well with what comes next and hope you keep in-touch.

It has been an inspiration and pleasure getting to know the way you look at the world.

-C
D
"

No comments:

Post a Comment