21.3.12

1901

Birdy's album finally came out and it's making my week manageable. I remember hearing her Cover of "Skinny Love" a few months ago on an episode of The Vampire Diaries (No Judgement) and I fell in love. I'm always a fan of a good cover but I rarely believe that they are comparable to the original. It's safe to say that her cover is more than worthy of standing next to Bon Iver's rendition. 
The album is basically a compilation of Covers but I'm definitely OK with that. I took a shortcut down memory lane on my way to the studio as I smiled to the Birdy's interpretations of "1901" by Pheonix and "The District Sleeps alone Tonight by The Postal Service". With smooth vocals and great style, I can't help but send my support for Birdy all the way from Toronto as her career takes flight. The best part of it all: She's just 15 years old. What did you accomplish at that age?

No comments:

Post a Comment