28.1.12

Buildings for Music





I had my first hand in for my thesis project on Thursday. It basically consisted of my proposal and some background research regarding my topic: "Buildings for music". Above are a few of my most successful pages. The Goal is to create "Spaces that hear" where the user is able to engage with music and the sounds of the metropolis.

This morning, I grabbed a coffee and walked to the subway to head to work with the hum of St. Vincent for company. Despite the spiraling winds and the snow melting on my nose, I couldn't help but smile to myself as Annie sang: 

"Marry me, Jon
Marry me, Jon
I'll be so good to you"

As you move about your neighborhood, how does music or the sounds of your city effect your perception of space, time and people?



No comments:

Post a Comment