25.3.13

Yesterday is Lost


Today, I managed to open my curtains to escape the winter gloom that has patronized my well-being over the past few months. This is officially the Winter that went on for too long and  it's easy to see the weight of it's lingering presence on the city streets. As I let in the light, I took a moment to embrace the smiles on passersby, the pedestrian populated intersection and a few birds chirping on newly awakened trees. In moments like this it feels like the whole city comes together to express their gratitude for the gifts of a changing season with underlying relief that they survived multiple snow wars. It's been a long time coming but, I think Spring might be here to stay a while- keeping us safe, warm and wildly optimistic as we prepare for another summer in the park with endless summer night escapades and romance under the maple trees. If you got lost this winter, feel comfort in knowing that you aren't the only one. Take more comfort in knowing that summer is much better for playing hide and seek. You may not find what you're looking for but it's the journey that counts.

                   "
I don't know what the weather will be
 Whether we'll see a tomorrow.
 But, if Today is all I have to give
I'll give it to you. 
So, Do what you want to. 
                                       "



No comments:

Post a Comment