5.11.11

Still Motion




I took the day off today. Every now and then it's important to spend the day in the company of a good late and take the time to distill my thoughts. I spread my curtains open to reveal a little sun and to gaze at my fellow flaneurs-- the sound of the train acting as a soundtrack to this passive interaction. In that moment I decided to enjoy my late outdoors.
I always enjoy exploring my neighbourhood. The change of season adds a whole new perspective to the paths I have walked many times before. I put my feet on automatic and found myself in the middle of an empty parking lot right by the train tracks near my house. As I sat, I took notice of the train in motion, the colourful leaves falling to the ground and the second hand on my watch moving in tandem. I couldn't help but smile at the phenomenon of being motionless amongst all of this change that was occurring around me. In moments like this I feel it is a great dishonor to freeze time and dumb these moments down to a photograph... but the nonetheless I reached into my bag for my camera and tried my best to capture an aura in motion. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment